307 Fourth Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15222
The Bank Tower, located in the heart of Downtown’s Market Square District, is a 16-story office tower constructed in 1902 as the People’s Savings Bank by Boston architects Alden & Harlow (Carnegie Library and Museums in Oakland, the Duquesne Club and other notable Pittsburgh landmarks). This area of Downtown is part of a major redevelopment renaissance, including, in recent years, the redesign of Market Square, a new $400 million office tower and a new $107 million mixed-use office tower. Also, currently underway in the Market Square District, are the conversion of a Fourth Avenue and Wood Street office building into a boutique hotel, an 88-unit student housing conversion on Third Avenue, and another office to apartment conversion on Fourth Avenue.
McKnight is repositioning The Bank Tower into one of the region’s premiere historic office buildings. The project includes redesigning the lobby, preserving and improving the historic exterior and streetscape, and modernizing building systems. The Bank Tower was financed with the support of S&T Bank and The Employee Real Estate Construction Trust Funds (the ERECT Funds).